PRIVACY NOTICE FOR OUR MEMBERS We are committed to respecting your privacy. This notice is to explain how we may use personal information we collect before, during and after your membership with us. This notice explains how we comply with the law on data protection, what your rights are and for the purposes of data protection we will be the controller of any of your personal information.
This notice applies to you if you are a member of The International Dressage Trainers Club (IDTC) References to we, our or us in this privacy notice are to IDTC.
1. PERSONAL INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT FROM YOU When you sign up for membership with us, you may provide us with or we may obtain personal information about you, such as information regarding your: personal contact details that allows us to contact you directly such as name, title, email addresses, postal address and telephone numbers; records of your interactions with us such as emails and other correspondence and your instructions to us; records of your attendance at any events or meetings hosted by us
2. WHERE WE COLLECT YOUR INFORMATION We typically collect personal information about our members when you contact us through our website www.idtc-online.com to become a member, or when you correspond with us by phone, e-mail or in some other way. We may also collect personal information about you when you sign up, purchase tickets or attend any events hosted by us.
3. PURPOSE. To administer any membership account you have with us and managing our relationship with you, and dealing with payments and any support. To send you information usually via email of our Annual General Assembly and Spring Members meeting. To record your attendance at any events hosted by us.
4. PERSONAL INFORMATION USED. All contact and membership details, transaction and payment information, records of your interactions with us, and meeting attended.
5. LAWFUL BASIS It is necessary for us to successfully manage and keep you informed and up to date, and to properly manage and administer your membership with IDTC. Where you have given us your consent to use your personal information in a particular manner, you have the right to withdraw this consent at any time, which you may do by contacting us as described in the “Contacting us” section below.
We do not send any Marketing Messages.
6. DISCLOSURE OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION We share personal information with the following parties: Payment Processors, your membership fee is processed through The Global Dressage Forum, via their secure link on their website. They receive your full contact details to manage and maintain your membership; they will also send you Membership reminders and also process the payment for any event/meetings being held during the course of your membership. Your name only to any venues/Hotels where we may be hosting a meeting or event at. Our own IT service provider. The Government or other regulators: where we are required to do so by law or to assist with their investigations or initiatives. Police, law enforcement and security services: to assist with the investigation and prevention of crime and the protection of national security. We do not disclose personal information to anyone else except as set out above.
7. TRANSFERRING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION The personal information we collect will be transferred to and stored in countries outside of the UK. This would be primarily The Netherlands for payment Processing and other countries in Europe who may be hosting a Meeting. We will take all reasonable steps to ensure that your personal information is only used in accordance with this privacy notice and applicable data protection laws and is respected and kept secure and where a third part processes your data on our behalf we will put in place appropriate safeguards as required under data protection laws. For further details please contact us by using the details set out in the “Contacting us” section below. There is no access to the personal information we hold for you to any third parties via our website.
8. HOW LONG DO WE KEEP PERSONAL INFORMATION FOR? The duration for which we retain your personal information will be for the duration of your membership with the IDTC. It is important to ensure that the personal information we hold about you is accurate and up-to-date, and you should let us know if anything changes, for example if you change your phone number or email address. You can contact us using by using the details set out in the “Contacting us” section below.
9. YOUR RIGHTS IN RELATION TO PERSONAL INFORMATION You have the following rights in relation to your personal information: the right to be informed about how your personal information is being used; the right to access the personal information we hold about you; the right to request the correction of inaccurate personal information we hold about you; the right to restrict processing of your personal information where certain requirements are met; the right to object to the processing of your personal information.
CHANGES TO THIS NOTICE We may update this privacy notice from time to time. If this is the case, we will update the version date at the bottom of this page. Where required by law we will seek your consent to changes in the way we use your personal information.
CONTACTING US In the event of any query or complaint in connection with the information we hold about you, please email Linda Keenan firstname.lastname@example.org or Tina Oldfield email@example.com. Or write to us at Layham Hall, Layham, Suffolk, IP75LE.
Version dated: 23.05.2018